Out of State Background Checks
The below information is to provide instructions for those students currently residing out of state including those students who have moved home for the remainder of the spring 2020 semester. If you are living in the state of Arkansas this process does not apply.
Submitting Payment and Fingerprinting Consent for ADE Background Checks: Out of State Student Instructions
Step 1 — You will need an Arkansas Department of Education fingerprint card. You can request one from the Arkansas Department of Education at email@example.com - Please include your mailing address in the email request.
Step 2 — Complete your payment of $38.25 for the Arkansas State Police/FBI background check here: https://www.ark.org/ade/licensure_cbc/index.php
- Under the “Choose a School District/Location” select the “Arkansas Department of Education
- Enter the following Verification Code for the University of Arkansas: 8800016
- Under the “Reason Fingerprinted” select “Teacher (Pre-Service)” or "Teacher (Licensure, Lifetime, Renewal)"
- Upon completion of payment, you will be issued a transaction number and a printable receipt. Print this receipt to include with your background check documents.
Step 3 — Complete and submit the online "background check consent form/fingerprinting request" to ADE here: http://adeaels.arkansas.gov/AelsWeb/Consent/Consent1.aspx
- Under the “Reason for Background Check” select “Teacher (Pre-Service)” or "Teacher (Licensure, Lifetime, Renewal)"
- Under “Employer” select “IHE – EPP University of Arkansas Fayetteville”
- Upon completion of the form, you will be given the option to print the consent form in a .pdf format.
Step 4 — Take fingerprint card, government issued ID and obtain ink fingerprints at a local police station. After you have been printed, mail fingerprint card, copy of ID and "background check consent form/fingerprinting request*" here:
Office of Educator Licensure
Arkansas Department of Education
4 Capitol Mall, Room 106-B
Little Rock, AR 72201
*Note — You will already have submitted the necessary fingerprinting consent form to ADE in Step 3, but in order for the fingerprint card to be easily identified - it is best to go ahead and include a copy of the consent form.
Step 5 - Child Maltreatment Background Check Process: The Child Maltreatment Central Registry background check is handled separately from the criminal history check, using the Child Maltreatment Central Registry Background Check Form.
Payment for the Child Maltreatment Central Registry background check is also handled separately from the ASP and FBI background check, and is made by preprinted check or money order and mailed to the Department of Human Services. Please follow the instructions on the Child Maltreatment Background Check form. Remember this form must be signed in front of a Notary.
Mail completed and notarized Child Maltreatment form to Arkansas DHS :
Arkansas Child Maltreatment Central Registry
P.O. Box 1437, Slot S 566
Little Rock, AR 72203